Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I'm Up, I'm Up...

Those were usually my famous last words to my mother before I nodded off again when I was suppose to be getting ready for school.  It's almost ten years later and I'm still doing the same thing.  I think that to myself every time the alarm goes off, and I push the snooze button.  The hubby and I have a horrible sleep schedule, but in the past week and a half it's been affecting my workouts as well.  Going to bed at 4 a.m. doesn't really equal wanting to wake up and hit the gym.

google images

I need to get back into my morning workout habit and start getting motivated to greet the sunshine again.  I love being able to say that 9 or 10 a.m. is early for me.  I have to admit, it feels pretty good to feel the sunshine.  I can't wait for spring!

I came across this article while looking for my favorite Marilyn Monroe workout picture.  How perfect.  I still think it's funny that people insist Marilyn was fat, when in all actuality she died weighing 117 pounds.  The photo below was part of her last photo shoot she took before her death.   


Oh well, I guess you'll never change the minds of women who really want the ideal American woman to be larger than she actually was.  Yea she had curves, but curves aren't a bad thing.  I wish I had curves like her!  She was tiny for 5'5!  

Anyway, off to the gym I go!  What inspires you to keep working out?  How do you stay in shape?  Any star that you idolize? 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails