Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Is it Really Almost February...

Wow, time is flying!  It's already the middle of January!  I feel like it was just yesterday that I was running around trying to find last minute Christmas gifts for people and trying to prepare myself for the bill that was going to come at the end of the month.

I love receiving gifts just as much as I love getting them— especially the unexpected ones!  How great is it when you actually have a secret santa at work that gives you something you actually love?  Let's be honest, most of the time, we fear the secret santa.  We try to act all satisfied and happy over the gift but usually, they just miss the mark.  This year, I really was touched by mine.  The gifts were so personal and so perfect; they actually made me tear up (even though I cry at the drop of a dime!).  




Inside the notebook was a personal note from my secret santa telling me to continue to chase my dreams and write my lyrics down in this notebook (and not to forget her when I make it big)... it was so sweet, and the cowboy boot necklace was the perfect kicker!

For anyone looking to give a perfect gift still (perhaps for Valentine's Day?), I have to say that last year I found this site Darlybird.com through one of my favorite blogs and I joined her earring of the month club.  Let me tell you how awesome it was to get a cute new pair of earrings every month in the mail.  I mean seriously, who gets real mail anymore?  It's never letters, it's never packages unless you just bought something—it's always bills!  And even those don't always come in the mail anymore.  For me, it's mostly not for profits looking for donations (I guess that's what happens when you try to be nice and donate to a place, they sell your name to every other charity, but I digress, don't get me started!).

I almost forgot to sign up for the monthly club.  I'm telling you, it's a great gift, even if like me, it's a gift you give to yourself (as long as you don't mind having the same earrings as me).  You pay upfront, but then every month it's like getting a surprise in the mail.  I loved it last year, and I can't wait for this years' earrings that will be added to my collection.

Check out Rachel's site.  She includes a cute little note with the earrings each month.  



One hundred dollars for 12 pairs of earrings isn't too shabby (last year I'm pretty sure it was 14 pairs)... if I do say so myself.  I just love finding cute things.  Any cute places to shop I should know about?  Please share!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails