Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Oh That Hubby of Mine...

So the hubby and I are like children.  If you've been reading my blog since the beginning, I'm pretty sure that I've posted about how we really can't wait for Christmas to give each other the presents we buy.  Usually, we make it to about December 13th and then we start getting a little too giddy to wait— I mean it is twelve days of Christmas right!?  So that date seems fitting.  

Well this year has topped it all.  Apparently we couldn't even wait until December to give out a present this year.  I had a feeling— because I was a good girl and I knew Santa read my list, that I'd be getting a certain present I asked for.

Well last Tuesday I came home from the gym and there was an extremely large box wrapped in Christmas paper.  Now mind you, he has another present of mine in the house that he had delivered to his mother's just so I couldn't see!  But then when he went to pick it up he tempted me with it all night!  Even putting it next to me on the arm of the chair I was sitting in and pushing it towards me just begging me to open it!  How rude!  I was so good though and showed some control, even though it's one that I really have no idea what it could possibly be!  It's killing me sitting there all wrapped in Christmas paper under our tree.  It's just tempting me.  Granted, I give it a little shake here and there, but nope, I haven't any notion on what could possibly be in that bigger than a bread box box.  I guess I'm really going to be surprised on Christmas.  But back to the extremely large box.  He wanted me to open it.  I wanted him to want me to open it.  So needless to say, about an hour after he wrapped it, it was tore open and I saw one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen.  




It's perfect!  I'm in love with her.  I bought her a case and a pretty black and white polka dot strap.   I think I might name her Mae.  But it's up for debate.  

I took my first guitar lesson on Monday and it was fabulous!  I'm already learning my scales like a 4th grader!  This definitely brings back memories!

Are you guys a tad impatient for Christmas presents too?  Once they're there is it hard to keep them wrapped under the tree, especially when you already know what they are!?  The ones I don't know, I like leaving there; I'm still like a little kid who wants to be surprised on Christmas morning, especially since my hubby won't be running off to work this year!  

And look at our tree! 


For the first time in five years, the hubby actually helped me put her up!  It meant a lot to me— I definitely went retro this year and I love the way it turned out!  It reminds me of my childhood with the tree skirt and star. 

An Ornament from My Brother When We Were Kids
 I love it!  Can't wait til December 13th!  and December 25th!

3 comments:

Learning As I Go Along said...

Is the chair gone???!! The tree looks lovely <3

Dana said...

the chair is unfortunately tucked away in the corner of the living room, still looking all way too big for the room! love the new blog title, if you want me to make you a header just send me the pic!!! too cute, i'd love to play around with it for u!

Learning As I Go Along said...

I will email you the picture :-) I had to change my blog because it was linked to my old gmail account, this one is my newer gmail account. It wouldn't let me switch email addresses so I just changed the blog itself!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails