Wednesday, December 28, 2011

It's Almost a New Year...

I say this every year, but damn, time really does fly by.  I remember us just being in Nashville like it was a few weeks ago and sadly it was in June.  I remember sweating our butts off and now I'm freezing my butt off in NY.  I wish I had something poignant to say, but I really don't.  Time is flying and I'm just along for the ride.  I say all the time to my customers and to my friends that I hate growing older and growing up, yet what other option do we have?  I mean I want to grow old!  I don't want to be dead yet!  

So this year I want to stop wasting time.  No more mindless hours in front of the television, I really want to be productive.  Well, more productive.  I'm tired of always saying that I wish there were more hours in the day to get things done.  Well, honestly, if I didn't get in my couch potato moods and my I'm addicted to words with friends mode, I'd be completely fine trying to shove everything in to one day.  I need to take advantage of the time I do have to get things done and stop bitching and complaining that I have no me time.  It's really not that I have NO me time, it's what I do with the me time I do have.  I have to start being productive with the time I'm given.

On my list

1. Pick up the guitar for at least 15 minutes a day.
2. Do Rosetta Stone for at least one lesson a day.
3. Write more.
4. Search for jobs within my degree.
5. Give the house a good cleaning at least once a week.
6. Fresh sheets once a week.
7. Eat out of necessity not out of desire.
8. Push myself with my workouts and aim for a minimum of four days a week.
9. Swim (I really love swimming and I miss it).
10. Go to church every week.

I'm hoping I'm not the only one with grand ideas for the new year.  I don't want to say (as always) that I'm making any resolutions.  I just want to better myself as I get older.  It's a good time to start fresh right?  And most of these are already in motion, I'm just trying to make myself accountable and keep them going.  What are your plans for the new year?

2 comments:

dr said...

I just came across this today. I think I'm going to try this 12 in 12 idea for 2012. Not quite sure what my January goal will be yet.

http://fitarella.com/2011/12/12in12/

-Doug

Dana said...

love this doug! thanks! i think i'm gonna get some use out of this one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails