Monday, December 26, 2011

A Very Merry Christmas...

I have to say that this was the first Christmas that I've had in awhile without tears.  No sadness from being alone at the end of the night or from missing my family entirely too much.  Granted, I still missed my loved ones, but I was lucky enough to get to at least see my one brother (have I mentioned just how much I love FaceTime?).


I felt so much love and support during Midnight Mass this year.  For some reason the homily that my priest gives every year (and pretty much every week at mass) just speaks to me; he has this amazing ability to just make a connection with everyone.  The candles, the incense, the songs, and my family just made mass just a tad perfect this year.  It reminded me of Christmas mass when we were younger because of the random bought of laughter over my hiccuping during a song and my mom's horrible choice in what I think could be considered dress crocs (her poor feet deserve better).

It was nice to wake up today and open presents.  It was nice to feel some sense of normality.




 We traveled from house to house on little sleep and my hubby was actually wishing for work (it's exhausting!)  I can't even imagine what we would do if we had a child because our poor little Luna pup was so tired by the time we reached my moms house that she could barely keep her eyes open anymore! She definitely was a trooper.  

 



I loved seeing my mom's face as I FaceTimed my brother and she got to see him for the first time in months.  She cried like a baby and I loved every minute of it.  The best presents really are free (or at least the cost of an Apple product).  I loved seeing the smile on her face.


After all the hustle and bustle of the day, it was nice to come home and settle in under blankets and watch some Christmas movies.  Nothing is ever perfect, even on Christmas, but doesn't it make you just believe that all your wishes could come true?


From My Family to Yours, 
Merry Christmas!  
I hope it was a great one!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails