Thursday, October 21, 2010

I Just Love Myself a Thursday...

Today was a perfect fall day.  A little chill in the air and the wind blowing the multi-colored leaves that remain in the trees.  It's the time of year when you have to debate; do I cuddle up on the couch with a good book and a blanket or do I enjoy the rest of the fall sunshine?  Luckily, I managed to do both.  


Luna and I started our walk with a lot of gusto.  She's really getting the knack for the walking on a leash thing.  I'm a proud momma.

When we rounded the green bridge into town, she started to get tired; jumping on my leg with each step we took towards meeting up with our friend Trish.  


I knew that I wanted to get a little bit longer of a walk in, so I decided to see if the hubby's mom was home and willing to puppy-sit while I finished my walk because my back couldn't handle picking her up every time she got a little too tired.  It's amazing how heavy four-pounds can feel after a few minutes of carry time.  Luna started pulling the instant we were outside of her g-ma's building and when we were buzzed in she ran up the stairs and went right to her door.  I couldn't even keep up with her.  Thankfully her grama was thrilled to see her and enjoyed every minute of the company.    

The walk was perfect.


It was nice to catch up with my friend.  It's been awhile since we've been able to talk about everything and nothing.  We both are motivated to not just accept what has always been the norm for us.  Giving up when things get tough starts to get old after awhile— bad habits are really hard to break, starting new good ones seems even harder sometimes.  Walking Luna helps me stay motivated when the blanket keeps calling my name.

Anyone Know Anything About This?

We walked through the local cemeteries and I stopped to say a prayer at my family plot and at my aunts. 


It's nice to see the love and affection that families put into the graves of their loved ones who have passed.  I've never viewed cemeteries as a morbid place, but always a place of love and faith.  Mixed with the fallen leaves the cemetery can be so calming.




After we parted ways I went home to get the car so I could pick up my hubby's dry-cleaning.  I couldn't decided whether or not to go home first or pick up my furbaby.  I decided that it would be easier on her and on my back if I went home first.  I was also a little scared that the last of the sunlight was fading so I didn't want to chance it.  



I spent some time with my mother-in-law which was nice because I haven't been able to spend much quality time with her or my hubby's family in the past few months.  Unfortunately, all the nephews birthday parties are on Sundays and they also fall during football season; there's really no way for me to take off for the parties, but thankfully my hubby can still go.

I just miss family and friends.  

I went up to my mom's to see her and the pups and have a huge cup of hot tea.  I hate that feeling you get after walking or running in the cold weather; you're sweating and yet you're cold and once you cool down, you still really can't shake that chill that takes over.  

More errands after our short visit; I had to go grocery shopping.  I'm pretty sure it's been at least 2 weeks since I've done a full shopping trip.  Five bags and $100 later, I'm really hoping that I can get by with another two weeks of no grocery shopping; it's just a little hard when you eat a lot of fruits and veggies.  Sometimes you just have to go for the frozen variety, otherwise I'll come home with things I really shouldn't be eating.  How much hot chocolate can one person have in a two week period without it being just too decadent?  How much cheese can one eat for it to no longer be helpful for it's calcium and vitamin D, but is more of an artery clogger and a cholesterol riser?

Overall, I really did have a great Thursday off.  I have to say, the four day work week is definitely a treat every other week.  The next few weeks should be great; my brother is coming to visit this week, then we're off to Indianapolis for a few days, and then one of my bffs is coming home for a working week.  I can't wait to have all the company.  It will be a nice change of pace because I know that today was.

Till then, I'm looking forward to another perfect day.

2 comments:

Trish said...

The pictures came out beautifully! I'm thinking we should do a walk up Point Peter!

Dana said...

thanks!
sounds good to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails