Saturday, October 16, 2010

Decorating for Halloween...

I want to be one of those people that decorates for every little holiday, but I just can't seem to do it. I go to stores like TJ Maxx, Homegoods, and even A.C. Moore, and I see all these wonderful little decorations that are filled with my favorite fall colors, but I just can't seem to open my wallet to pay for it. I see cute wreaths with fall leaves and sunflowers and I grab it and put it in my bag, but then I look at the price tag: $19. Why can I pay $200 for a piece of furniture, but when it comes to a $19 wreath, I can't seem to do it? So I put it back on the shelf and keep saying, "maybe when it goes on sale." Then at least I'd have it for next year, right?

Maybe it's because it's just me, the pup, and the hubby in our house. Maybe it's because in two years, there have been absolutely no tricker treaters that come to our door. But who would I be decorating for?

I always love decorating for Christmas, but it's Christmas! We actually have people stop by and even if we didn't, it's Christmas! I have a really hard time taking down my Willow Tree Manger, so it's usually up until February...


So tell me, does it change if you become a mother? Is that when you want to decorate for every holiday?

I see these decor bloggers decorate to the nines for every holiday and I think, I should do that when (insert holiday) comes around. But I never do.

So until I become motivated to decorate for the holidays, this is how far I got this year...


Now isn't that the cutest six cent pumpkin you've ever seen?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails