Monday, November 24, 2008

I've Come to Realize...

that I'm a big time emotional eater.  I've known this for awhile, but I've been having such a good last couple of weeks, that for some reason I guess I thought I could handle anything.  Let's just say I had a busy weekend, and during that busy weekend I barely ate.  Which is bad.  Then last night and today I was very emotional; I was up and down all day.  All I've thought about doing is eating.  I was to eat everything and anything.  I've kept myself in control, but honestly if I wasn't in classes all day I probably would have come home and just vegged out in front of the TV and ate everything in this house.  I don't know how to stop pairing my emotions with my eating, good or bad.  It's like when I'm in a great state of mind I completely forget about eating, and when I'm in a shitty place, all I want to do is eat.  I had these chips in my car that I bought about a month ago, but I hated because they were spicy and I'm not into the spicy foods.  But after I hit the gym today I saw the bag in my trunk and had to eat some.  Granted I only ate like 10 chips then smartened up and threw out the bag, but I hated the taste of them.  They're disgusting, but for some reason I just couldn't resist them.  I hate being moody.  I hate being a woman sometimes because I can't handle these emotions.  I feel like until you're a mom, what the hell do you need these hormones for? Come on, why not just cash those emotions and hormones in when you're ready to have a baby?  Wouldn't that be a great idea?  At least I think so.  I need to get out of this funk that I'm in.  I hit my emotional brick wall today and I can't shake it.  I love my life but sometimes I get thrown into stuff I wasn't expecting.  My school life saved me today from cascading into a downward spiral of bad eating.  Hopefully I can wake up tomorrow and stop thinking about general tso's chicken, philly cheesesteaks, and ice cream.  Hi, my name is Dana and no I'm not pregnant, I'm just an emotional eater... 

1 comment:

Trish said...

Hi, my name is Trish and I too am an emotional eater!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails