Monday, February 6, 2012

The Voice...

So I have to admit, I'm kinda liking this whole, The Voice show.  I didn't watch it last season.  I've been on TV overload so I try to not add any new shows to my DVR.  But after a crappy night of work last night, I started watching it while cleaning up after the Super Bowl.  I like the idea of the show only having the talented, seasoned performers audition in front of the judges.  I like the idea of it not being a joke.  

I also kinda love the fact that Blake Shelton continuously talks about Miranda Lambert on it too.  He's either so enamored of her or he just likes to use her as a bargaining chip.  I think it's cute either way.

But I'm not gonna lie, I can't wait to see this show Smash, it looks fabulous and I hope it lives up to the hype.  


In the meantime, I need to practice my guitar; I love hearing musicians perform and then get inspired.  Learning chords has been the coolest experience.  I can't wait to get my lyrics set to music.  It's hard trying to depend on others.  Everyone has lives of their own to live.  Music is usually an afterthought for everyone, and I'd love to make it my main mindset.  I can't wait to do one of MY songs one day.  Even if it's only in front of my hubby or my mom.  I love the idea.  

Music is such a healer of all things.  I love seeing it all over television.  Especially, the country music loving.  Five years ago, you never would have seen Blake Shelton judging a singing show—oh, how times are changing. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails