Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My new kicks and old memories




I've got new running shoes.  Asics 2140 and so far I love them.  They've also got a 15 day return policy if I end up not liking them (this is from the store Finishline). One of my best friends is a physical therapist and so I asked her for her recommendation for new shoes.  I've got an alignment problem that I've had since I was a kid.  It affects my hips, my knees, and my ankles.  I'm pigeon toed from it, which sucks but I've kind of accepted it.  It was worse when I was a kid so I kinda don't think about it anymore, it's just the way I walk.  My hubby mentioned something about how he hates  how people sometimes look at the way I walk and he gets defensive (he told me this on vacation).  He meant it as he gets protective of me, but I never realized that it affected him at all.  I don't think about it, so I guess I think no one does.  I remember one of the first times I met my mother-in-law and she asked if I was bow legged.  That crushed me, but I haven't really thought about it since my hubby mentioned it.  Now I've been a little paranoid about it, so I've been asking my friend on how to help it.  Seems like there's nothing I can do but keep training and toning my body.  Another reason to work out and lose weight added to my list.   


   


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails