Friday, February 25, 2011

Ayurveda Cleanse... Day 4

I'm still feeling amazing.

But one very strange thing is happening... the yoga lady said that we would start to feel our bodies all over, like down to the molecules... sounds weird right?  Yeah, I said the same thing (probably even chuckled to myself and rolled my eyes a little).  BUT, it's true.  

My body feels tingly all over and every part of me has this strange ache (my hubby says that they've drugged me; he thinks I've joined a cult).  All I've done so far is drink the ghee...



That's 8 teaspoons!

Add A little almond milk in order to drink it and heat them up


You've got to blend them! Love my new magic bullet!
 So glad that's over...

Eating cleanly (fruits and veggies).  Use my netti pot...


 (It feels weird, but it really does clean your sinus' out; it feels amazing to wake up and be able to breath!).

Drink ginger tea (with every meal); take out the caffeine from my life.  Take Kapha vitamins—It's all been pretty simple.  Except of course for the drinking of the ghee (seriously, who drinks clarified butter?)  But I really do feel amazing.  Unfortunately, my body is starting to take it's natural course and I'm getting tired around 11 p.m. and I'm usually up for work until at least 2 a.m. so it's been a little bit of a struggle to keep my energy up to get me through a work night sans caffeine.  But I've found that if I eat some dried fruit or fresh fruit it gives me a boost to get through the night.  I'm actually thinking of keeping this no caffeine thing going.  It's still under negotiations in my mind.

My mantra for this week is, "I am strong."

I've been using it for everything:  When I get an urge to drink caffeine (I am strong), when working at a restaurant kicks the cravings into high gear (I am strong), some asshole cuts me off in traffic (I am strong), or when the dress I wanted isn't in my size (seriously, who is an extra small? Why is it even on the rack?)(I am strong). 

So tomorrow starts Thank God I'm Not Drinking Ghee Again Day and instead I'm massaging with curred sesame oil (sesame oil smells amazing!).  


This is the Ayurveda way of cleansing the body from it's toxins on the outside (the ghee was in order to clean the insides of toxins).  I have to say, I'm really looking forward to the massage because my body aches so much; I'm feeling every pain and every ping that comes through my nerves (I feel so in touch with my body).

I can't wait to keep going on this cleanse and keep my mantra flowing throughout my mind each day.

I am strong.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails