Friday, February 5, 2010

T.G.I.F.?...

Every time Friday comes along all I hear is TGIF. Well I'm not a TGIF girl, I'm a TGIM kinda girl. I'm one of those people that works the weekends. One of those people that serves you the drinks and the food and make you say TGIF. Yup, lucky me, it's Friday. I may be an outcast on this one, but I love Mondays. I look forward to Mondays. Mondays and Tuesdays are my weekend. Monday is a day to spend with the hubby. Tuesdays are the day that I spend on Me. Oh Mondays and Tuesdays, how I love you... with an exception.


This past Tuesday was not one of my favorites. I had a dentist appointment. Oh yes, the dentist. I've learned to love the dentist over the past 10 years or so. When I was 13-years-old I almost lost all of my front teeth. So, I've come to cherish them, love them, even spend too much time fawning over them then is possibly healthy or necessary. But again, I almost lost them. Now I coddle them like they were my children. I have a $130 toothbrush. I buy toothpaste that is too expensive. I have pre-brush rinse and post mouth wash. I even pocket some of those little throw away brush things that you see on the commercials on t.v. Yup, they're my teeth. They're special.

So I know what you're thinking, "so how did you almost lose them?" Well if you haven't heard the story before, here it is... I love swimming. When we were kids we spent a countless number of hours at my Aunt's house at her pool. We'd swim during the day, during rain storms, and at night. Well during one of these night swims I came a little too close to the rim of the pool. Actually, I came up right underneath the rim and tore my braces out of my mouth. Yup, nasty. Take a moment to visualize it. Bloody mess of a mouth it was. All I remember was the pain and the tears streaming down my face. And everyone staring at me and trying to figure out what to do. We got in contact with my orthodontist and he rushed into the office to help. My gums were all tore up and my mouth just hurt. He said at the time that he could have just pulled my teeth right out of my mouth because they were that loose. The only thing that actually saved my teeth, was my braces. The braces had to stay on a little bit longer and I couldn't eat for awhile, but I'm just glad I have my teeth. People don't pay attention enough to the love they should have for them. Once they're gone, they're gone people! Protect those bitches, I know I'm just lucky to have mine.

So back to my dentist appointment. At the age of 10 I had a cavity. In my back molar on my left side. Well the filling is finally starting to wear down so I need to have a new one put it. My molars get a lot of use because of the fact that I had four pulled in order for my braces to work. So I'm down four molars and four wisdom teeth. I need to take care of the ones I have left! Well, this damn dentist. I'm always pre-cautious so once I was in the chair, I wanted to make sure that they were doing another white filling. Well, no. She proceeds to tell me that "ETHICALLY" they will not do white fillings because they don't last as long. Seriously? This is an ethical issue? My insurance is paying for it, and you're getting paid for it, so why is this an issue? Won't you get more money if I have to come back and replace it in 15 years instead of 30 years? Well, I got up and left. My poor babies didn't go through all the pain and suffering and all these years of braces for me to put some silver in my mouth. So now I need to find another dentist who doesn't have an ethical issue with doing white fillings. Oh dentists, no wonder you get a bad rap!

Hopefully this weekend is good for everyone who says T.G.I.F. I'm just hoping that I get the opportunity to make lots of money and to cheer for my COLTS on Superbowl Sunday! After a long Sunday, I'll be sitting in my bubble bath saying Thank God It's Monday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails