Saturday, October 17, 2009

Relaxing...

Finally on Friday I got the chance to relax a little bit. I have to admit, sleeping in is probably one of my favorite things. It's so nice to be able to be in bed underneath the covers and know that I don't have to be anywhere in particular, at anytime in particular. Fridays are my favorite day. I honestly look forward to just working on the weekends and not having to go to school. I did my investigative reporting paper and sent out some e-mails about internships, but I haven't heard anything back. It's only been one day, so I'll try not to be impatient.

Noon- Woke up and had my two apples with almond butter and a glass of skim milk. Caught up on some DVR'd TV shows and did my paper for class. Also sent out those e-mails. Made hubby some lunch for work, cleaned the toilets (ughh), did some pilates...

5-7ish- One of my friends from high school finally stopped by my house. We're the friends that won't see each other for a long time but when we do see each other, it's like we never stopped. It was nice, just like old times. Sitting on the couch bullshitting together. It's funny how things change over the years, but I do love her friendship, it's so easy to forget.

7:30-2:30 a.m.- Bartended and had a pretty good night. Of course, it's filled with drama as always, but that's the bar business. I work at a bar/restaurant that's staffed with all women too and our owner is a man- it's a funny combination- he doesn't know how to handle all the estrogen sometimes and the girls are crazy, it's always a fun time.

2:45 a.m. 4 a.m.- Came home and made the hubby some eggs because I didn't feel like going to get Dunkin Donuts for him. Took a nice a hot shower and felt amazing. I love a hot shower before getting comfy sleep clothes on. Perfect end to the day.

Today I had another day of sleeping in. I woke up around noon and now I'm blogging with a big mug of tea with fresh honey in it from New Paltz. I also just got my medical insurance card. It's so exciting that I'm going to be able to make doctor's appointments, it's been way too long since I've been! So now I'm going to set up some appointments and do some copy editing and layout homework before heading to church with my mom. I really don't want to wake up early tomorrow, so Saturday night church is a perfect solution. I love saturdays...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails