Monday, October 26, 2009

Just Overwhelmed...

It's been a rough week for me between handling my class load and working. I feel like there isn't enough hours in the day to do all that I need to do or want to do. I talked to my boss about cutting back on some hours just so I can have a little bit more time to do some school work and after doing less work (4 hours less) this weekend, I have almost completely caught up. It feels really good and I'm starting to feel more comfortable with my classes as well. It's amazing how four hours less of work can really change my week. Although it was short, it was still a stressful work weekend. One of the cooks quit (he apparently didn't like taking orders from me) and I had quarters thrown at me from a customer. Oh the perks of working in a bar. This is the first time in awhile that I've looked forward to going to class instead of going to work. The writing is helping to keep me sane— it's what I'm looking forward to.

I hate the fact that it's hard for me to control my emotions and my emotional eating. I ate the icing off of six cupcakes on Sunday! All I wanted to do was eat the icing off of one- see how well that worked out? I can't complain too much, it could have been a lot worse, but the sugar rush killed my head and my stomach. I guess that's what I get right? No more though. I had one day of sugar and I've regretted it ever since. Today I was back to green tea and natural foods. Today I feel more like myself.

11 a.m.- Woke up to cuddling with the hubby and a couple of cups of green tea and organic peanut butter and jelly on matza bread, it's one of my favorites.

Noon- Took the hubby to get his oil changed and then headed to my Uncle's business to pick out a new tub for our bathroom. I can't wait to have a deep tub with jets. I've been looking forward to having a tub like that since I left my mother's house. I love a good bath at the end of a hard day. The husband got some lunch— a cheese steak, oh how I was jealous! Came home to smell the greasy goodness while I did some editing of papers.

1:30- Dropped off the hubby to get his car and headed off to New Paltz.

2:45- 7:20- Had to get more hot water for more green tea, at least three times. Had my favorite class, Feature Writing, and then my next favorite, Copy Editing. I feel like I've learned more from these two professors than I have in my years of schooling. I'm definitely feeling more confident in my writing, which is a great thing because I'm going to have to find an internship soon.

7:30-8:30- Talked to my mom on the drive home about everything and anything.

8:30- Cooked dinner for the hubby and watched some of the best All in the Family episodes. The last one is my favorite. It shows how much Archie loves Edith, even if it's hard for him to say it: "I've been tooting my horn for all these years. But Edith, I'm nothing without you." While watching this I was also doing some work, I swear.

Midnight- Checking out blogs before heading to bed. So nice to not work. I just need to fit my workouts back in and I need some sleep before I have a mental breakdown now...



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails