Thursday, January 7, 2010

Getting Back into the Swing of Things...

Let me be honest, I've been trying to slack lately. I've been trying to cuddle up inside my robe and blankets and keep inside the house as much as possible. I keep thinking that doing these things are going to make me feel better, that this laziness is going to make me feel like I'm on vacation. But to be honest, it's put me in a funk. An honest to goodness funk. So these past couple of days I've been determined to get out of it. I've finally taken down the Christmas tree, I refinished the pantry that I bought a few weeks ago, I trimmed my hair, and I've gotten back into my workout routine. And as good as it felt to sit on the couch and do nothing, it's felt even better to get out of this funk. Do you ever get this way? Do you get the feeling that no matter what you do, it's not enough? So you'd rather just sit on the couch and watch day turn to night without ever leaving the comfort of home. Oh winter, how I hate you and the funk you put me in! But I refuse to let it bring me down. I'm officially declaring myself, funkless.

Here's what I've been up to...
I bought this pantry a few weeks back and finally got around to doing a finish on it. With the unbearably cold weather, this took longer than I predicted to dry and a second coat was definitely needed. I'm still going to work on "antiquing" it a little bit with some sandpaper, but I'm really happy with the end result, and the extra storage.
I bought some new bed side table lamps for me and the hubby. He's never had a lamp and I've been looking for some matching ones for a long time now. These were a steal at TJ Maxx for $34. Once I get these pictures hung, I'll show the end result of how our bedroom has turned out over the past year of so of living in our home. I just love shopping to help get me out of my funk...
The office with my hubby's new computer is next on my list. Although we are definitely keeping the desk (it was my grama's and I will never part with it) I need to get some paint color on the walls to make the space more inviting.
These pictures are finally framed from our wedding, now all I'm waiting for is for the hubby to get out his trusty hammer and nails to hang them. I can't wait to have some memories from our wedding day hanging on our walls.

So much to do so little time. At least I'm finally getting the ball rolling and not just working on the magazine that I'm interning for. There's just so much research involved that by the end of the day, there seems to be no me time. I guess I finally realized I was using my "me" time to sit on the couch and do nothing and that was defeating the whole purpose of me time. Soon (two weeks to be exact) I'll be soaking up the bubbles of my new jetted tub. The date is set for two Fridays from now and I can't wait. Now I'm off to do some pilates and pick out some bathtub pictures before work. The sun is shining, but I know it's deceiving because it's still unbearably cold outside. But I've gotta suck it up, I've got things to do!

1 comment:

Trish said...

I'm glad you're starting to get out of your funk. I know what those days are like. I had a whole week of it while Jon was away. It is definitely the weather. <3

All the stuff you've been doing looks great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails