Saturday, April 4, 2009

Just Another Rainy Day...

I'm sitting here on the couch finishing up the last little bit of my research paper.  I'm exhausted from sitting in front of the computer all day and not seeing any sunshine in my window.  But I'm feeling good, aside from my recurring headache.  My "husband" thinks  that it may be from the new protein shakes  that I've been drinking.  They're EAS- I guess he drank them a few years back and had some of the side effects that I've been having.  This recurring dull headache and the breaking out that's occurring on my face like I just hit puberty.  I usually take the kashi golean shakes but when I went to Walmart the last time they didn't carry the Kashi so I ended up getting these shakes.  I guess it wasn't the best idea I've had, so I promised the hubby that I would stop taking them and go back to my old reliable shakes.  A little bit of kashi protein powder, some light soymilk, a mini banana, some natural peanut butter and some flax oil.  It's so tasty!  I'm telling you it tastes like you're drinking a chocolate peanut butter milkshake... two of my favorite things!  I usually freeze the little mini bananas because it gives it that milkshake taste, especially with a few ice cubes thrown in the mix.  So until I get my kashi, no more protein shakes for me because I can't take these breakouts or these headaches!  Hopefully it's that simple and it's the reason for them.  I know there's probably too much sugar in the EAS shakes so I wouldn't be surprised; my body really doesn't like sugar that much anymore.  We shall see. 

The other day I was reading a friends blog and she talked about avocado.  I love avocado!  I haven't been able to find any good ones around here but the last time I went grocery shopping at shoprite I found some ripe and big ones.  Granted they are without a doubt not organic because they're way too huge to be, but I couldn't resist because I've been craving them ever since I read her blog.  Today I had a spinach salad with flax seed meal, some low sodium turkey breast and avocado.  Little bit of organic chipolte ranch dressing and it was the best salad I've had in a long time!  I highly recommend it!  I've been making the hubby's sandwiches with turkey, spinach, red onions, and light mayo.  He swears he can tell the difference between full fat and light mayo but he really can't.  He never knows!  I'm just trying to ferment him for the next 50 years, so we live long and healthy lives together.  I'm cutting out his red meat to only a couple times a month because I know it's not good for him, and he says he knows it too.  He's always been a chicken guy anyway, but he loves roast beef sandwiches for lunch.  No more.  If not eating red meat is going to keep us going longer, then I'll do anything for an extra couple of years.  He's my baby, I can't live without him, even if it's when I'm 80 years-old.  

Another day, trying to be healthy, trying to keep my head and my heart in a healthy place...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails