Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I Think I Can, I Think I Can...

Well, 2013 good riddance!

I'm kinda excited that you're almost over. Not gonna lie, you weren't the best year, not the worst either, but definitely not the best. Maybe it's because I'm getting cynical in my old age, but I keep on looking back on my life and thinking about which years were the best. Well, 2013 you were almost the worst. I'd say 2003 beats ya, maybe even 2005, but hell, that was ten years ago, and I was still a kid! So in my adult-ish life, you sucked more than most years.

This has been by far my laziest year on record. I think I hit the gym til about March and then crapped out. I'd pick it up here and there, but mostly I just was a lazy ass and my ass shows it.

I felt very unfulfilled at most things this year. I love the people I work with, but I think I've reached the age to safely say that bar tending is just not the fun that it used to be. It's always been nice to walk away with cash in hand at the end of the night, but I must say that I'd trade it for a normal routine in a heartbeat. I wish I realized that in 2010. Dinner at home, at my unused dining room table would be really kinda awesome. Poor, beautiful, table. At least it's used for collecting mail.

I'd have to say that by far, 2013 was the best year for my music. So, 2013 you do have some redeeming qualities. We got to play at the Bluebird, and we've successfully played a bunch of gigs in our hometown area. Plus our demo is almost done, but i'll push that to 2014 for the true excitement, seeing that I don't have it in my hands yet.

This is my last New Year's Eve working at my bar. It's kinda bittersweet. I've never been a big NYE person, everyone knows that, but there's definitely something about it that feels like a true ending. You can start new at the stroke of midnight. And that's what this year is all about—I've got some big promises to fill this year. I'm not good at keeping promises, so I try not to make them, and I hate when other people do, but I'm going to keep this promise and try like hell to make the most of our music this year. I'm going to work my ass off. And hopefully in doing so, some of my ass comes off in the process! Double score!

So, goodbye 2013.

Hello 2014. Nice to meet you. Please treat me well.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails