Monday, June 18, 2012

10 Year Reunion...

I honestly can't believe that it's been 10 years since high school.  I'm not sure if I feel like it was yesterday or if I feel like it was forever ago.  

Honestly, a lifetime ago.  

My life has changed so much since those days, but I also have some constants too.  I'm not best friends with the people I would have believed I was going to keep in my life, but everything happens for a reason and every person enters and exits your life for a reason.  Everyone you meet has a purpose.  I have friends that I can't live without.  I have friends who even when we haven't seen each other we can pick up right where we left off.  I have friends who I need in my life on a daily basis.  

I'm not going to say I was a social butterfly.  I'm not going to act like I went out of my comfortable circle.  But it was nice to see familiar faces in the crowd.  It will be interesting if we could get a 15 year reunion together or pull together the 20 year reunion; seeing that this one almost didn't happen.

I'm glad I went.  But it would have been nice to see more people from our class.  Not too many showed up, but those who did, definitely made it a memorable one.  

I'm glad for the friends I had back then, those I reconnected with (even just a little), and those who have made an impact on my life and for my life to come.  I couldn't have asked for better friends in my past, my present, and my future.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails