Friday, June 22, 2012

Lists...





I think I need to start making lists.  Does this work for people?  Do people with those type of personalities accomplish more then say, Me, the ultimate procrastinator?

I've been off of work for 5 weeks and I feel like I've wasted so much time.  Even though I was highly limited on what I could do, I really didn't accomplish any task I wanted to. I'm so disappointed in myself.  I thought that the minimum I could of done was start up my Rosetta Stone again.  But, alas, I didn't.  I did however take the time to put the program on my laptop and not just keep it on the desktop. Baby steps here, baby steps.

I worked my first day back yesterday and I felt great.  So much better.  I can't imagine working like I did before the surgery.  I love being pain free, but my doctor still isn't okay with me working full-time yet, so I'm just easing into it slowly.  It's really sad when the receptionist at the doctor's office knows your name by the sound of your voice.  I told her that I took it as a compliment.  I'm not sure if it was meant as one seeing that I've called at least once a week before my surgery and I've called at least once a week after my surgery. That's about ten calls she's taken from me.  Maybe it's just because I'm young and not many 27 year-olds have back surgery. I'm definitely convincing myself of the latter.

Basically, my time is running out on having loads of free time.

Maybe it's that I really thrive off of working on things under pressure.  Again, with the convincing.

So, how do you A-type personality people do it?  How do you follow through with things you say you're going to do.  I still wake up wanting to hit the gym and I can't wait to get back to it; the gym is one routine that I got myself on and have stuck with.  It took me a lifetime of trying!  But, I can't seem to stop wasting time long enough to do my Rosetta Stone or other things that I keep swearing to myself that I'm going to do.



Any advice you go-getters?!

1 comment:

Learning As I Go Along said...

I wish I could give you advice. But you know I'm the last person who could advise you against procrastination. Even at work my to-do lists, that are supposed to keep me on task, get super long will added tasks.

I try not to think of it as procrastination but rather as taking time for me and choosing the things I really want to do at the moment. It makes me feel a little less guilty (that is until I look at the massive pile of laundry growing rapidly in the hallway outside of the laundry room).

Fellow procrastinators UNITE <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails