Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Vacation All I Ever Wanted...



I have never loved vacation more than I have in the past few weeks. I feel so relaxed and rested. I don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's knowing that I don't ever have to step foot inside a classroom again unless I choose to. It's the best feeling in the world. I'm actually enjoying the summer and I'm enjoying work just a little bit more. Well, as much as one could really like work, I mean, it is still work.

I like taking our pup for walks down our little street. I can't help but smile when she passes by our one neighbor's house. It's like she's waiting for their little pup to come and join her for a walk... "Sophie, come out, I'm here to play..." is what I imagine every time she stops to smell around her yard. She was the only thing I missed when we went on vacation. Next time, I might just have to take her with us. Is that weird?

The hubby and I went on our "honeymoon" down to Aruba. It's pretty much become our go to spot. We love everything about it. It's quiet, it's tropical, it's safe, and it's got the perfect weather. When we dream of winning the lottery, it's our spot that we dream of buying a home at. There's nothing more that we could ask for from Aruba.

I say our "honeymoon" because our first few days were spent together, but a few days later my mom and brother joined us. It's was a great family vacation. The highlight of the family time was definitely the Land Rover tour of the island. My brother drove. I've driven with him on the highways of Florida and the country back roads in NY and let me say, I was scared. He was excited.

Now I have to admit I thought he might kill us while traveling the rough terrain, but he did an amazing job. The hubby and I still can't believe that they let people drive the vehicles through the crazy desert island trails. Going around sharp turns, up 90 degree hills, up and down rocky mountains. It was absolutely insane and so much fun. Every time the four of us and the other four passengers were flown up in the air and reminded that gravity isn't always working, we would shout my brother's name and scream for him. It was amazing. We couldn't believe what we were doing and that we were surviving this trip. We were the party jeep. I'm pretty sure we were just all excited to survive! We were covered with dirt and exhausted by the time we arrived at the natural pool area, but you couldn't really ask for more once you arrived. So beautiful, so serene, a true tropical haven. The views were amazing and the water was the perfect end to the day. I can't wait to go back to Aruba. Although I have to say, I don't think I'd do the tour again without my brother driving, I'd be too scared to trust someone else after seeing how great he did. I was waiting for payback for flipping us off of a waverunner years back, I guess he didn't want to get me back that bad after all. Good job brother, you were amazing!



The hubby and I had our romantic times and he let me be all cheesy. He's the best. From sunset tours, to walking with hand in hand on the beach, he let me be me: always capturing those little moments in my mind. He indulges me with my obsession with taking photos and my need to have moonlight walks and night time swims. He's the perfect peanut butter to my jelly.


I love summer. I'm taking a break from the stress of life and just enjoying myself. If I want to lay on the couch all day, I will. If I want to lay on the beach all day, I will. Pool? Sure. Book or movie? Well, there's always tomorrow for one or the other. I wish everyday could feel like a lazy summer day. When the hubby asks me what my plan is for my day off and I say nothing, I think he becomes impressed with my ability to lay on the couch for 15 hours. Hey, if someone has to do it, it might as well be me. Especially in our lovely central air. The joys of summer sometime include forgetting it's summer and curling up under a blanket while sipping a cup of warm tea. This is the life that I'm lucky to be living right now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails