Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Oh, What a Perfect Day...

I have fallen in love all over again. What, you say? Have I fallen out of love with hubby and back in again? No, silly, I could never. I will always love him, but I do have a secret love from my past. She is amazing. Yes, she.


The best character ever born by the genius of an author's mind and pen. I have fallen in love again with Anne Shirley, my Anne of Green Gables. Now, to be honest, I never really fell out of love with her, but we've been separated for such a very long time. The last time that I read these L.M. Montgomery classics was probably about 13 years ago. Crazy, right? How dare I let her sit on the shelf for that long without opening those beige pages. They smell so perfect. Just like walking into a library. To open up the pages of an old book is like smelling cookies baking in a shop and having it remind you of a moment in time with your Grama. It just takes you back.

After reading book one, I popped in the movie. I love this movie. You know how movies pretty much suck after you read a book and fall in love with it and the characters? Well, these movies didn't trash the classic. I envisioned Anne like Megan Follows, beautiful with her red locks even if she didn't know it. I loved the adventures, I loved Matthew and Marilla. I loved seeing her dress with the oh so very puffed sleeves. Diana Barry was perfect. I always thought that I would name my daughter one day, Cordelia, because it is such a beautiful name for a princess. Anne fans would know. They would understand. I only made it through disk one, but with almost four hours with watching Anne, and others imagining with her, I decided that I should maybe get dressed. Possibly. I mean it was my day off so I should be productive.

Grocery shopping was on the plate. All organic. So expensive.

The bathroom also needed to be cleaned. All the fun stuff.

Then I bought some stuff for planting my plants. Now, I don't know if I've ever mentioned my not so green thumb before, but it's so far from green, it's scary. But I think it's mostly because I forget about plants. You know, that they need sun or that they need water. Well I decided that I was going to try to not kill the plants this summer. So I bought some cute little gardening gloves, some pots, and what I thought was soil. Come to find out, I bought plant food, so my planting has been put off another day. I was so inspired by the flowers at Green Gables in the movie. The beautiful countryside that is Prince Edward Island. I hope one day to go back.

Hopefully, I will be toting one of these carpet bags.

Oh, did I mention that Anne carried a carpet bag when arriving at Marilla and Matthew's home? I've always wanted one, but I didn't think that anyone still made these things! But after a short google search, I found out that they are indeed still made! I want the modern one with the strap and the star and moon fabric, what a surprise right? I'm pretty sure I'm an old lady in a somewhat young person's body. A cup of tea and an old friend, what could be better for a day off?

3 comments:

Trish said...

I'm an old lady in a young person's body as well. You know, and I'm sure you'll be astonished, but I've never read Anne of Green Gables.

My thumb isn't super green either. My two Judy Garland rose bushes died :-( I just ordered two new ones. Did you know they have Marilyn Monroe rose bushes. They looked pretty.

Arianna Belle said...

Oh! I've never seen the movie! Adding it to my list of movies to watch now!

Dana said...

I love Anne, Trish! You have to read it! I've got all the books if you want a great summer escape!

@ Arianna if you've read the books you have to see the movies! I hope you've discovered them since this post! Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails