Saturday, March 7, 2009

Yea, Ok, I've been Slacking

What, it's been at least 3 months since my last update?  With finals last semester and this semester from hell, I just couldn't get to the computer for any other reason then to do work.  I've been pretty good with doing a little extra exercise here and there.  I've also been pretty consistent with swimming up at my school.  Swimming is my favorite thing to do.  I started with 20 minutes and then I've pushed myself up to an hour doing laps in the pool.  I've been pretty proud of myself.  But then my "husband" asked me to marry him!  And my workouts plans have just gone downhill.  It's been 2 weeks since I've been swimming because I've been so caught up with planning our September wedding.  Yes, that's right.  He asked me on February 9th and we're getting married on our anniversary, September 21st.  It doesn't give a girl a long time to plan a wedding, but man I've been pushing through and I'm almost done with everything.  Except the whole money thing, we've got it down.  I never realized how much all of this stuff costs.  But, not even a week after we got engaged, I had my wedding dress.  It's the perfect dress.  It fit me like a glove but all I can think of is that I want it taken in when I go for my fitting in June.  I want my husband's jaw to drop and I want to see tears from his eyes because I'm that breathtaking... and because I'm the love of his life.  

The one thing that has been keeping me on track, slowly but surely, is my new bodybugg.  I sold my old one to my fellow bartender, who is equally obsessed with her weight- we make a good team, I think we push each other.  Now I have a the new slimmer, black bodybugg that is compatible with my mac.  It definitely keeps me in line.  It's nice to be able to know how many calories I'm burning, so then I can get my ass moving a little bit more on the slower days.  I'll go up and down the stairs while watching tv.  I'll lift weights during at random moments.  I've noticed that keeping the weights in a visible area keeps me aware that I need to do something, anything for the day.  I'll do squats when no one is looking.  I'll do anything to keep moving.  I may not be able to get a whole exercise routine in, but I'll park the farthest away from where ever I'm going, just to get that little bit extra in.  I totally am a huge advocate for the bodybugg.  It keeps me honest and it keeps me realizing that even though I may be exhausted, I haven't burned enough calories to eat something that's not healthy.  Check it out at www.bodybugg.com  it may seem like a big cost, but I'm telling you it's so worth it.  Right now my main thing is firming up.  I still have our "honeymoon" to look forward to in May to Aruba.  Yea, we're going to consider this trip our honeymoon because we know that we won't be able to afford anything after paying for this wedding.  I'm down 5 lbs since the last time I blogged.  It's definitely not enough, and not where I wanted to be, but it's a little step towards a huge goal.  I need to get more motivated and take some time for myself again and realize that my goals are the most important thing going on.  Not some superficial wedding.  My husband is my husband already, we never needed a ceremony for that.  But if we're doing this shindig, I'm going to look damn good doing it.

consumed yesterday: 1700
burned yesterday: 2360

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails