Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Bluebird Cafe...

I'm still in shock.

I can't believe that we played at The Bluebird Cafe.

Amy and I made a trip down to Nashville and decided that we would put our names in the hat and try to get in on the lottery for the Monday night open mic night.

We arrived our two hours early. Amy got on line and I parked our little wind up toy rental car.

It was cold. It was wet. It was snowy.

I found us some amazing hot apple cider; It still didn't help against the sting of the cold snow. I really wasn't expecting to feel snow like that down there, but I'm pretty sure it just followed me from New York. We all know how much I just love snow.


Thankfully the snowy night worked in our favor. We were in. We got to play. I was so beyond nervous because this has been a dream of mine for so many years. It didn't exactly go as planned, but let me tell you, I wouldn't change it for the world...

I was so nervous when our number to play started getting close. I was texting my hubby the whole time and he was so excited for me; he knew this was a dream come true. We knew that we'd sing our song "Lost Chances" but for some reason, even though it's our most comfortable song, my nerves just wouldn't' go away. But I keep trying to remind myself that if I'm not nervous i'm not ready…





 To say the least, we have such an awesome story to tell when we make it big! I chatted up the crowd a little while introducing ourselves, but then we started and everything felt so right. Then all of a sudden Amy stopped strumming the chords. I immediately thought that she broke a string and in my head I just laughed, like,  this is what would happen… but it got even better. Amy dropped her pick… no, not on the floor, in her guitar! Thankfully, it was endearing and completely funny! We both handled it so well, just like old hat! Once Amy scanned the room for a new one, we continued on like nothing happened. It feel like our first time at the Bluebird couldn't have gone any better.

You'll have to watch the video to see! And since I can't seem to upload it, you'll have to check out our Facebook page.  Search for "Pearls & Poison."

Then we made a night of it and hit up the Gaylord Opryland, I had to take Amy there- there's nothing like it around Christmas time. We had horrible flights and a moment at the Bluebird that definitely could have gone a little smoother, but in the end, we bonded more and had a little inside look on what our lives will be like when we're there one day! What a perfect getaway!







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails