Friday, November 12, 2010

My Family Time...

I know I've mentioned it time and time again, but I love family time.  I was so excited to have my brother come and visit a few weeks back.  We made a plan to make it into Manhattan to see a show with my mom and his buddy, but I have to say, I wasn't exactly thrilled to see Avenue Q .  But that's exactly what we were heading down to see.  To my surprise, I actually really enjoyed it.  It was edgy and completely not politically correct and I loved every minute of it.


We also walked around through Macy's and through midtown.  I've never been a big fan of midtown, but we still had a great time.  The crazy part is, Macy's was already decorated for Christmas, even before Halloween hit.  Retailers are going overboard with the holidays!  I love Christmas just as much as the next person, but October?  

Have to say, it was still pretty to look at.




Selfishly, I also needed some help hanging some pictures and he has always had a knack for that sort of thing; he enjoys it, so it's not like I just used him for it.  The hubby and I have lived in our house since July 2008 and we really haven't been on top of hanging pictures or getting things on the walls.  We've been doing it slowly, but our stairway has always been left bare.  Until now...  

Our New Linen Cabinet




I love the way that it came out; everything is mismatched and I love the style of it.  I just can't believe that we finally have photos up on the walls!  It feels great and makes the space feel more homey.  Two and a half years later, things are finally falling into place when it comes to decorating.  And I'm definitely loving the fact that we have our own photos on the walls.  I love Kodak.com for all our printing!  They can make a canvas picture out of your own photos!  I love it.  I love our little home.  Thanks to my brother for helping make it feel more like home.  We both couldn't believe that we were decorating my home; how weird is that?  When did we get this old?!  Man, how time just keeps flying by...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails