Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween is Over, So Why am I Decorating Now...

Halloween is not one of my favorite holidays.  I'm not big on dressing up and if it wasn't a requirement for my job, I wouldn't ever do it.  I don't really ever recall liking Halloween that much as a kid either.  A lot of kids had those big, expensive costumes, and we always had ones that we a lot more simple.  The only costume that I ever really remember was when I was a 50's girl in a poodle skirt.  Oh, I loved that poodle skirt! 

So for the past five years I've had to dress up for Halloween for work.  It went from 70's theme, super heroes, Disney Princesses, movie stars (yea, I dressed up as Marilyn Monroe- shock) and now this year the restaurant had an 80's style theme.  I decided that I was going to go all out.  I was Peggy Bundy from Married with Children.


I'm pretty sure it was a scary costume.

Like I've said before, I've never been one for decorating for every holiday either, but I guess my family just didn't want to accept that.

My dad and his wife decided (after reading my blog) that I needed some decorations for Halloween and Thanksgiving. 



They're pretty fabulous for doing that for us and I was touched about the thought that they put into it.  The only downfall is, the puppy keeps barking at the little door handle scarecrow.  So I've had to move him away from the door by her bowls to the front door.  She still barks at him and gives her little growl, but I've decided that he's staying so she'll just have to deal with him.


So maybe next year I'll do a little bit more decorating, but I think I'm pretty satisfied with my new loot from my family.  Thanks guys!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails