Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Something New for the Bedroom?...



Now, I'm not looking to change things with the hubby in the bedroom, I'm looking for a change for the seasons. The bedroom needs a new look! I was one of those kids who constantly changed her bedroom around and was never happy with the results, so then I'd get my family to help me change it around again. I always liked the change. It felt like my space and I could do whatever I wanted with it. It was great.

Now that I'm an adult, I have a house that I can constantly change around. I love it! But when I was a kid I didn't spend any money, I just moved things around. Now that I have a cash flow at my fingertips, it's hard to not want to go spend money and change things up when I get bored with a look. I'm trying really hard to not constantly spend money, but just have a few different things for the seasons. I said I'm trying, but I really don't know how successful I'll be at it.

Case in point, our bedroom. Right now it has a lovely light duvet on. It's almost October, I need a change. But the change we have is a brown comforter that has a subtle damask pattern on it.


It's very nice, but I'm already bored with it because our room is so dark to begin with. So these
are my options. I will either buy this beautiful patchwork quilt from Potterybarn


or this blue one

images courtesy of Potterbarn.com

I think either way I'll keep the brown on too. It's just a matter of taste. I've always wanted to make a patchwork quilt, but that never happened. Maybe one day, but definitely not one to fit our king size bed! I just don't want the room to feel overwhelmed.

Which one would you choose? I need a change! Or if you have a better money saving option, I'm always game for that too, I'm sure my hubby and my pocketbook would thank you!

1 comment:

Trish said...

I'd go with the blue one. Something really different than the brown :-) Change is good. I get bored too. I have 3-4 quilts that I rotate on my bed for something different.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails