Friday, September 24, 2010

Newlyweds No More...


I can't believe that it has now been over a year since I married the love of my life. Four years altogether. It's amazing how one look, or conversation can change the way you look at someone in your life. I never thought that this man would be my husband one day, but after our first date 4 years ago, I never looked back. We had a great celebration. At least a celebration in our minds. Our plan is to follow the traditions of the anniversaries. The first anniversary is paper. I was surprised with a dozen paper roses and an attached note: "To my beautiful wife, thank you for a wonderful year. I know there will be many more to come. I love you."

Did I ever mention how much I love notes, cards, letters? Well if not, I absolutely love them and I look back on them quite often. Our scrapbook is almost full of every little thing I've saved throughout the years. Even the one movie ticket that the hubby accidently washed. I now try to always remember to check my pockets before throwing them in the laundry.

I bought the hubby a book of all the Yankee articles from the New York Times. It's late. So I only had a card and dinner for the hubby. No, I didn't make dinner. I'm not doing all that work on Our anniversary! Our plan for every year is that we are going to have dinner at the place where we had our wedding reception and the owner has agreed to make us the same food that we had on our wedding night. It was amazing. It felt so special. The food was outstanding (we've been eating the leftovers for days!). A bottle of champagne, a candle, and a white table cloth, just made us remember the night like it was yesterday. It feels like time is flying. For 4 years we've shared our life together. They've been the best years of my life.

In the past few months we've gone to Niagara Falls (which is absolutely stunning!).
We've gone to concerts (So sad to see you go Brooks & Dunn).

We've been to two baseball games, the last announcing our first anniversary on the big screen (Yeah Yankees!).

And soon to a Monday night football game in Indy (Go Colts!).

We're having a great time being "Newlyweds." Some people say that the first year is the hardest, I don't know how to explain it, but I feel more connected than ever. When we fight I know that he's never going to leave my side. When I feel lost, I know that no matter what happens in the day to day life, I've got my hubby by my side. Cheesy? Yea, but that's exactly what makes us happy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails