Saturday, September 25, 2010

It's Time for Something New...

Do you know that feeling you get when you're just tired of doing the same thing day in and day out? That emptiness? I've been feeling that way for a little while now. It's weird because I'm so happy. I think I was so overwhelmed with schoolwork and my actual job, that feeling of always running running running, that now that I've graduated, I feel kinda, well, blah.

My motivation to get out of bed before noon is pretty slim to none. The long nights of my job feel like they're finally catching up with me. I wake up still exhausted. My workouts feel like work. My job feels like a job. And it always seems like something needs to be done around the house. When I was in college, I found myself treasuring the days that I could just lay around and recover from my busy days. Now I find myself lying around a lot. And not from being exhausted from really long days, but being exhausted because of boredom and then late nights at work.

I don't know how to stay motivated. If you have any ideas for getting out of a rut, please share!

My plan is to actually set my alarm clock and get out of bed before noon. Slowly. Maybe I should start with 11:59 a.m. and keep going earlier and earlier? Ten is definitely the earliest, seeing that my bedtime is either 2 or 3 a.m. most nights. I need to start writing again, I need to start enjoying my workouts again, I need to not feel like I could fall asleep at the drop of a dime. Any ideas? Anyone?

2 comments:

Trish said...

.3:30 walks with a golden girl?

Dana said...

mondays, tuesdays, every other thurs, fri? i neeeeed to! this monday if you're ready!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails