Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Summer Concert Series Continues...


So last night I had the night off from work. It's been awhile since I missed a Wednesday Karaoke night, but I have to say, I kind of loved it. Not only just being away from work, but the reason I took the night off: to see John Mayer and Train in concert at Bethel Woods. And I have to say, it did not disappoint.

This was my first time up to Bethel and I have to say, it was absolutely beautiful. The rolling hills and beautiful greenery was the perfect backdrop for a concert.


My mom went with me and we had a great time and great seats (thanks to the hubby who woke up extra early to surprise me with them) even with the crazy druggy people that ended up floating next to us. I've never seen someone sweat so much and be so crazy eyed. I guess people like to experience concerts in different ways. I've always been so into the music that drinking or drugging never really interested me. But then again, I've never been interested in any of that.

Some people don't like the way that John Mayer jams out on his guitar, but I absolutely love it. He's one of those artists that you want to hear jam out, even if you didn't go into the concert knowing it. It's amazing. He knows it too. But who the hell cares, let him, as long as I get a great show. It's an experience, not just a recount of the CD. I listen to the CD before a concert, I don't want to hear it again at the concert.

The only thing that disappointed me was that they said no cameras, no videos- so I didn't bring mine. So no pics. Yeah, the whole place had cameras. Next time, I'll be the rebel and bring mine too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails