Monday, August 9, 2010

100th Post...

I'm actually pretty excited that this is my 100th post! Sometimes I get stuck in a rut and I stop writing, at other points, I want to write post after post, so I'm a little surprised I've arrived at one hundred... Yeah me!

My New Curtains from Pottery Barn and New Lamp Shade from Lowes

As I'm laying here in our living room in our beautiful home, watching our little rugrat try to play with my hubby, I can't help but think of how blessed I am. People are constantly asking me, "how is married life treating ya?" and I can't help but smile because our life together is pretty damn great. It's not perfect, but it's definitely our perfect. We have a great house, a great puppy, and a great family. We're lucky enough to have jobs that allow us to live in the manner we're accustomed to, even if at times we want to tear our hair out of our heads because of how crazy they can be. We're lucky enough to go on week long vacations, weekends, staycations, and be able to spend time together whenever we get the chance.

We were going to head to the fair today, but opted for a day on the couch watching the Yankee game and then headed to Lowes...

I'm pretty sure my hubby regrets letting me go to Lowes with him. I was getting cabin fever watching Nick Swisher, I mean the Yankee game, and I couldn't help myself once I walked into the store. New outlet covers, new flush ceiling lamps, a new lamp shade, a bunch of little things, and new door handles. For every door in the house.

Now That is A Lot of Doorhandles

Out with the Standard Contractors' Gold Handles, in with the New "Antique" Ones

We had lightbulbs, cleaning supplies, deck cleaner, cabinet door pulls... Yup, I was the annoying person in the only open line with a cart full of stuff. The one everyone hates until a new line opens up.

I look around our house and it feels like home. It's not huge, it's not small. It's like the perfect middle ground. I'm finally happy with the way the house is coming together when it comes to my decorating too. I'm just really looking forward to our new sectional and "man chair" that will be delivered in about a week from Macys. Our first go around for living room furniture didn't hold up as well as we would have liked it to, and, after living in our house for a good stretch of time, we realized that the sectional we have is a little too big for our space. So we downsized, but went with a better version. After a hectic two hour drive (I forgot the GPS), my mom and my hubby and I spent a whole afternoon at the Macy's Furniture store finding the perfect couch. The "man chair" is a compromise since I have my chaise lounge at the end of the sectional, I like the look enough of the leather recliner, but I'm scared that the hubby will end up sitting in his man space instead of cuddling with me on our new couch. He's promised that the man chair won't be sat in unless I'm not home. Now, that's love. Our "old" sectional will be put into our finished basement, that will hopefully turn into a real room once my brother comes and picks up our old dining room table that has found a home down there. Then, I'll finally be done. Right? Or is a home one of those constant things... Whew, I'm exhausted!

But then again, since I'm almost finished, my best bud has purchased her first home! And she needs some decorating help and I'm definitely up for the challenge! Even though it means leaving my hubby at home, since she had the nerve to buy a house in FLORIDA! Mmmhmmm. But I love her anyway and I'm always willing to go buy home goods! I can't wait!

The new furniture arrives a day after we come home from Niagara Falls so I'll have lots of photos to post. But this one is to my hubby for understanding me and letting me make our house, our home, with no questions asked. And so you have it in writing, the next time you want to buy something expensive hubby, I'll never question you again. Especially if it happens to be a professional camera.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails