Friday, May 21, 2010

I'm a Little Bit Country...

Since I met my hubby I've been so lucky to have had great concert experiences. I loved concerts when I was younger, but it was mostly Backstreet Boys' concerts. But I still remember my first concert at Orange County Fairgrounds: LeAnn Rimes. I'd love to say that I had a great time, but I can't say that. The concert was great, but I went with my Dad, his new wife and her family. To say the least, I didn't feel comfortable, but I ended up being amazed by LeAnn on stage at only a few years older than I was. It made me wish that I could be that girl. But alas, I didn't have parents like LeAnn's who pushed for her to be a star. My parents just wanted me to be a kid. And I don't think that I had that star potential when I was a kid. The world was such a different place, there weren't Taylor Swifts popping up every where you turned.

Since I was a kid, concerts have made me so emotional. I get involved in the songs, I get caught up in the stories. I wish I was lucky enough to be up there and then I question why I never tried. Maybe I'm crazy. Maybe everyone feels the music deep down in their soul and that's why we all love going to concerts. To feel the bass, to feel the fans, it's just all a great experience. I always wonder how it would feel to be up there and have thousands of people singing your words back to you. I think I'd cry through every song.

We've seen John Mayer, Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, LeAnn Rimes, Kenny Chesney, Travis Tritt (this one was with my mom since hubby and I just started dating and he couldn't take off of work, or so he says), James Otto (ugh, worst opening act ever!), Brooks and Dunn, Taylor Swift (as an opener), Faith Hill and Tim McGraw, and our latest concert was Alan Jackson with Chris Young and Josh Turner as the opening acts.


I have to say, this was the best concert ever! The opening acts were amazing; they were a show in their own rite. Amazing. Great voices. Big songs. And very classy. The opening acts knew their role. They knew that their careers were nothing compared to that of the legendary Alan Jackson. And he did not disappoint. He was amazing. He performed pieces of all the older songs and gave the story behind them or why/how they were written. I couldn't help but get teary eyed when he sang Drive, Remember When, and Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning). Just amazing. I can't wait to go back. I could see him every year and not be disappointed. Hands down, the best concert we've seen together.



People should appreciate country music so much more than they do. It's about people and the stories of their lives. Mini stories set to music. I love country music. I can't wait for Brooks and Dunn in June— they are amazing and I'm so sad to see them part ways. It'll be a family affair: my hubby, my mom, stepdad, dad, and his fiance. I love concert season!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails