Thursday, April 11, 2013

Friendships and Relationships...

There's a strange thing that happens in life with friendships. Most people will make friends in school that they keep for life or that are in their lives only for that moment. I don't have a huge group of friends, but the friends I do have are irreplaceable.

It's strange apparently to people when you make friends when you're considered an adult. I guess you're suppose to have friends from your childhood or from your teenage years only. I have those friends that I still count on. One I've had since first grade, the other fourth grade, and the last of my childhood besties I became friends with in seventh grade, but we became the best of friends actually after high school ended.

Why is it that as adults people find it strange when you make new friends, unless it's part of your other half's group of friends? Sometimes we all need a new perspective no? We all need a friend that hasn't been through all the trials and tribulations of your life and doesn't know the ins and outs of your past. They can help you through today, and help you through the moments that you're dealing with now. What a concept. For a person to start liking you as an adult. Not because they've been your friend forever, but because they like the adult that you turned into.

Sometimes I just get a tad sentimental, just sometimes.  I just love my friends, old and new.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails