Saturday, January 26, 2013

Having One of THOSE Moments...

I had a GREAT night last night. I was off from work and worked on music pretty much all night. I came home exhausted. Overwhelmed really with all the information that was thrown at my music partner and I. Where do we see ourselves in 6 months? Where do we see ourselves in 5 years? It's weird. I guess we just love writing the music and doing what we're passionate about, that we never thought about what we really wanted to do with the music when all is said and done. Do we want to be a duo? Do we want to perform live? Do we want to just try to sell? Are we going to record demo, an EP, or a full length? Do we want a producer? Do we want...? Just all overwhelming and extremely exciting. I'm starting to look into things deeper. I'm starting to feel very open and more positive to any experience that can come from it all.

It's also all very humbling. I've been around music practically my whole life. I was in band and chorus (yup, I was that type of dork growing up, and i'm very proud of it) from 3rd grade until 12th. But listening to people who live music talk, is just soooo humbling. I can read music. I can find my middle C on a piano and I could play you all the scales, but I don't "hear" what my partner hears. I can't say oh that's a "D" or that was played in this chord. I love music. I appreciate people who can do all that. Hopefully, being around it more and more I'll start to pick things up again or pick things up that I never had. When I hear a song on the radio I only really pay attention to the lyrics. Is that weird? Right now i'll just stick to being my dorky self with my notebook, headphones, and pen.

After about 5 hours of music last night, I felt so wired and excited about things to come and the decisions we have to make. To say the least, I couldn't sleep. I took a melatonin pill and I think it helped me a tad. Although I had a 4:30am wake up that I could have skipped because I was awake from that point on. Thank God for I Love Lucy episodes at 5am. They just never get old. But one thing kept running through my head. It's January and my birthday is in May, but for some reason I can't get it out of my head that i'm going to be 29 this year! I can't believe it. I can't believe how time is flying. I can't believe how fast it's all going by and I'm just trying to stay on top of it all. I don't think it helped that I saw that Cindy Crawford commercial for the miracle skin cream stuff she sells. I'm not going to lie, I bought it. I couldn't help it, for the first 500 callers it was a remarkable price of only $39.95! HaHa! I'm pretty sure once I fell back asleep and woke back up, I regretted buying it, but then again, I still woke up with this overwhelming feeling that thirty is just around the corner. I'd like to take thirty into a back alley somewhere and beat the shit out of it, but let's be honest, thirty would probably kick my ass. I'm a lover, not a fighter. Damn you twenty-nine! Damn you for sneaking up on me!

I've got so much going through my mind. I've got to find my track again. It'll happen. I hear God works in mysterious ways, but I'd love it if God was more of a showy out in the open kinda guy, but then again He was that way in the Old Testament and that was kinda scary. I guess I'll have to just keep the faith. He's always got a plan, right?

Hopefully, this Cindy Crawford stuff keeps me looking young enough to keep this journey going for a really really long time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails